Tennessee Technological University
Tennessee, United States
|Campus setting||Contact the university / college|
|Living cost||Contact the university / college|
|Student population||Contact the university / college|
|International students||Contact the university / college|
The Classroom Learning Complex, built in 1956, houses the science laboratories, computer laboratories, Allied Health, Licensed Vocational Nursing Department, general classrooms, faculty offices, the Teacher Work Center, the Counselor’s office, and the Office of Educational Services. The Plainsmen Gym, built in 1956, is used for athletic practices and student recreational events. The Fine Arts Building, added in 1960, contains a 500 seat auditorium, cafeteria, art laboratory, general classrooms, three community meeting rooms, and faculty offices.
The Library Building, built in 1967, houses the Office of the President, Board of Regents meeting room, Business Office, Student Financial Services Office, Media Center, Library, Student Central, College Advancement Office, Dual-Credit and Extended Education Offices, IT offices, distance- learning technology classrooms (DLR), general classrooms, and faculty offices. Stephens Hall, built in 1967, is the men’s residence hall, which contains rooms for 120 students.
Goins Hall, also built in 1967, is the women’s residence hall and contains rooms for 80 students. Tyler St. Dorm, renovated in 2005, is a co-ed residence hall that contains rooms for 40 students. The Agricultural Science Building, built in 1983, contains a plant science lab, farm shop, animal science lab, general classrooms, faculty offices, and the Monsanto meeting room. The Borger Community Activity Center (BCAC), added in 1983, is a physical activity complex containing an indoor pool, Jacuzzis, two dry saunas and a steam room. The facility also includes two racquetball/handball courts, an aerobics/dance studio, two cardiovascular fitness centers, a gymnasium, a large free weight room as well as separate machine weight rooms for men and women. The center is also the home for the Plainsmen coaching staff as well as the BCAC administrative offices.
The Academic Readiness Center (ARC)/TRiO building, built in 1991, offers a variety of support services in a central location. The ARC houses FPC’s Writing Coach, the free student tutoring program, the TRiO Program, and academic-use computer stations. The campus is also the home of the Weatherly Family Dugout, a replica of the original homestead, which was built in Hutchinson County in 1897. The dugout is open by appointment for tours. The Service Drilling Southwest Center for Access and Innovation, built in 2002, was a $3.5 million community-based project.
The Center for Access and Innovation (CAI) building houses the Cosmetology administrative office, classroom, and the Cosmetology Program lab facility, Career & Technical Education administrative offices, classrooms, faculty offices, community meeting room, and the Instrumentation & Electrical Technology Program and lab facility.
The Warren Chisum Welding & Safety Training building, which opened in January 2009, is a $1.3 million, 15,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility housing FPC’s Safety Training Center, classrooms, offices, and a large welding and fabrication lab area. Frank Phillips College Office of the President P.O. Box 5118 Borger, TX 79008 806-457-4200 www.fpctx.edu
The Frank Phillips College (FPC) Allen Campus, located in Perryton, opened for the fall semester 2005. This 25,000 square foot facility allows students in Ochiltree County and the surrounding area access to credit-bearing and continuing-education classes. The Allen Campus is located at 2314 S. Jefferson in Perryton. Residents of the area can choose from a wide variety of instructional programs and course offerings, as well as a full complement of extended education courses, including business and industry training, extended education and adult learning opportunities. Via distance technology (college website, SKYPE, telephone), access to academic advising career and personal counseling; financial aid, student grants, scholarship information; and library resources. The Frank Phillips College (FPC) Dalhart Center relocated offices in May of 2012 and is uniquely designed to meet the educational needs of the people of Dalhart and the surrounding communities.
The Dalhart Center provides area residents the ability to participate in fully transferable, core academic classes, taught locally, as well as from the Borger campus via distance learning technology, all while remaining in Dalhart. Through the FPC Dalhart Center, area residents have access to Frank Phillips College’s wide variety of instructional programs and course offerings, as well as a full complement of continuing education support services, including business and industry training, extended education and adult learning opportunities, and via distance technology, access to academic advising; career and personal counseling; financial aid, student grants, scholarship information; and library resources.
The Frank Phillips College Cosmetology Centers located in Dumas and Hereford, Texas provide a full cosmetology program for nail technology, cosmetology, and instructor certificates. The Dumas Center provides space for dual-credit students. Clients can receive a full range of services completed by students with supervision from licensed instructors with cosmetology experience.
Borger is the largest city in Hutchinson County, Texas, United States. The population was 13,251 at the 2010 census. Borger is named for businessman Asa Philip "Ace" Borger, who also established the Hutchinson County seat of Stinnett and several other small towns in Texas and Oklahoma.
Goins Hall Building Information
Maxine Goins Hall is an air-conditioned hall for women with a capacity of 80 students. This hall has two wings adjoined by a central lobby. Each wing has its own lobby with kitchen facilities, bathing facilities, and laundry rooms. Student rooms are typically double, with single occupancy on a space-available basis. Single room availability will be awarded to returning sophomores that have previously resided in FPC housing at least 1 year. Students to reside in Goins Hall must be a full time student enrolled in 12 credit hours per semester and purchase a meal plan.
Stephens Hall has:
Tyler Street Living Facility
Frank Phillips College is proud to announce the opening of the new Tyler Street Student Living Facility. This facility will house students with strong academic goals, first generation, under prepared and low income. This facility will strive to offer an environment focused on promoting academic success with opportunities to create learning communities.