Students at East Mississippi Community College currently have two places to enjoy a meal with friends and classmates, one at the Scooba campus and one at the Golden Triangle campus. Both are managed by Sodexo. Meal plans are available at both locations, and the public is welcome to join us anytime.
The F.R. Young Student Union opened in fall 2012 and, with it, a new cafeteria with lots of menu choices. And, at the Golden Triangle campus, stop by The Grill to refuel or visit with friends between classes.
Student Health Care Services are made available to all students through an agreement for services between EMCC and the Scooba Family Medical Clinic, located in Scooba, MS. A pre-paid health fee will entitle a student of East Mississippi Community College to the following services at the Scooba Family Medical Clinic:
- Unlimited office visits at no cost during the semester.
- Prescribed injections (patient’s own meds) at no cost.
- All lab procedures such as injection from clinic stock, suturing, blood work, etc. will be charged to the patient on a sliding fee scale, if they are not covered under any insurance, CHIPs, Medicaid/Medicare program.
- If the patient has insurance, CHIPs, Medicare/Medicaid coverage, claims will be filed as a courtesy and that patient will be removed from participation in this program.
- Nursing Students and athletes’ physicals will be provided, or assistance given, at no cost (except when lab fees are incurred, sliding scale will apply).
East Mississippi Community College will collect a $30.00 Health fee at registration each semester. The Health Fee will be mandatory for all residence hall students and optional for all commuting students. This plan can only be joined and paid for during registration.
In case of minor injuries first aid services/supplies are available in:
- the Academic Dean’s Office - Stennis Hall;
- Business Office - Wallace Hall;
- President’s Office - Administration Building;
- Asst. Director’s Office - Hawkins Career-Tech Building;
- Residence Hall Supervisors’ apartments;
- and Security Department’s Office.
Located at Scooba.