- Students in these English language programmes do not need to take an additional IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent alternative test to meet the requirements for entry to further academic programmes offered at Lincoln University.
Certificate in EAP
- Students may also apply to complete the Certificate in English for Academic Purposes, a formal 16-week university qualification offering academic and professional electives, and recognised and approved by all New Zealand universities. The entry requirement is IELTS 5.0 or equivalent, or students can take an internal test.
Students may choose components to prepare for academic study through EAP, including:
- Reading academic books and journals
- Writing formal reports and research essays
- Studying academic vocabulary
- Using library resources
- Presenting academic seminars and talks, and taking notes.
University exchanges for study abroad credit:
- Students can complete a course, usually lasting four, eight, 12 or 16 weeks (one, two, three or four modules) for credit at their home university. Individual students or groups may take advantage of this option.
English language and sport:
- English and hockey
- English and rugby sevens
- English and football
English language with a specific purpose:
- Some individual students or groups may have a specific purpose and may require English language for a specific situation such as English for Science and Research, or English for Professional and Business Communication. These students can take a course of core English language skills with additional components focused on the specific purpose.