About this course
The programme is designed to provide a practical overview of the function, skills and knowledge required to plan, organise, manage, promote and evaluate a festival, convention, trade show or special event. Through lectures, fieldwork, case studies and practical applications, students will gain insights into the management and operations in this dynamic field. Business courses such as accounting, marketing and business communications are added to enhance the students' holistic experience in managing events.
(1) SPM - 3 Credits in the relevant subjects
(2) O Level - 3 Grade C in the relevant subjects
(3) UEC - 3 Grade B in the relevant subjects
(4) Certificate - Relevant Certificate accreditated by MQA OR Relevant Skilled/ Technical/ Vocational Certificate recognised by the Malaysian Government.
(1), (2), and (3) must include SPM Pass/ O Level Grade E (Pass)/ UEC Grade C in English Language**
**Grade C and above in AELE0364 English Language conducted by TAR UC is accepted as having fulfilled the English Language requirement for applicants who fail English Language at SPM/O Level/UEC.
a) SPM holders must have at least a pass in Bahasa Melayu and SPM holders from Year 2013 onwards must have at least a pass in Sejarah.
b) Students without a credit in SPM Bahasa Melayu are required to pass Bahasa Kebangsaan A before the award of Diploma.
c) Equivalent qualifications/qualifications from other Institution of Higher Learning (IHL) will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
d) Subject to the Ministry of Higher Education latest requirements.
- Principles of Economics
- Introduction to Hospitality Industry
- Marketing for Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Accounting
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Introduction to Event Industry
- Principles of Events Planning & Management
- Basic Management Principles
- Visual Software for Events
- Catering & Employment Law
- Catering Management
- Convention Sales & Services Operations
- Project Proposal and Preparation
- Event & Destination Management
- Event Coordination & Implementation
- Service Marketing & Management
- Industrial Attachment
- Food and Beverage for Event Management
Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU) and Co-curricular Courses:
- English Language, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, English for Communication, French Language I / Japanese Language I, Social & Work Etiquette, French Language II / Japanese Language II, English for IELTS, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Co-curricular courses